- Windowlink is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Windowlink provides a service in which we design, test, demonstrate and sell software to the window industry, we provide technical support to our customers, promote our services to existing customers and prospects and maintain our accounts and records. Our legal basis for processing personal data is ‘legitimate interest’.
- Windowlink do not sell or lease personal information to third parties.
- Windowlink may change this policy periodically by updating the details. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and name of company.
Contact information including postcodes, email addresses and mobile phone numbers.
- We may also add the names of key people working in the same company and record their contact details on the database.
- Information about products and services bought or rented by the customer.
- Other information relevant to customer interests and requirements.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information as part of the business process, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Record Keeping: Products and services bought or rented by the customer are documented on our database and in our accounts software. Information pertaining to invoicing and payments included in the accounts software is shared exclusively with our accountants. Paper copies of invoices are retained for a period of six years.
- Response: Windowlink responds to enquiries from our website. Information from customers is captured via an online form and sent to us through a third -party service called ‘Jotform’. ‘Jotform’ is fully GDPR compliant.
- Improvements: We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Marketing: We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We may also contact you by phone or mail. Where we do so, you will be able to un-subscribe from such communications by clicking on the ‘un-subscribe’ button at the bottom of the email, by calling us, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website contact form.
- Correspondence: Sending invoices and reminder letters relevant to our support services to our customers by post.
- Facilitation: To facilitate customer requests providing prompt delivery of goods and services.
Windowlink’s website uses non-tracking cookies. Websites often use non-tracking cookies to provide functionality that is useful to visitors. They do not pose risk to privacy or to the confidentiality of personal communications.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent un-authorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
- Support is provided to Windowlink customers who subscribe to the support service. If necessary, we are able to log in remotely to your device via ‘LogMeIn’ (or a similar service) to resolve your problem.
- When a support session starts and a connection is established between the supported user and the technician, their computers must agree on an encryption algorithm and a corresponding key to be used for the duration of the session. The above ensures that data travelling between the supported end user and the technician are encrypted end to end, and only the respective parties have access to the information contained within the message stream.
- The end user must be present at the remote device to permit remote access. The end user maintains control and can terminate the session at any time.
- LogMeIn already participate in the EU-U.S. and Swiss Privacy Shield Frameworks and are compliant with current applicable EU data protection rules.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the address below.
- If you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
- We hold your personal information for as long as we have a legal or business reason to do so, which generally means as long as you remain a Windowlink customer or as required to meet our legal obligations.
2. Your personal data may be converted into statistical or aggregated data which can’t be used to identify you, then used to produce statistical research and reports.
Data Protection Officer